Wheatgrass. I know what you all are thinking! I did too. In fact, even though I have been growing it all year, I confess I was not drinking it. Well here in Puerto Rico I am living, eating, breathing wheatgrass and am actually starting to like it (I even rub the juice all over my face). There are incredible benefits to WG..which I will share in a sec.
But before I loose you because the thought of wheatgrass makes you sick, I want to tell you a little story. Lance got in a car accident a few days before coming here. It was kind of a freak accident, a major malfunction of the car, the air bags went off and our car got totaled (but that’s not the story I wanted to tell you). He had these open wounds on his hands from the airbags and they were not healing and here at our little educational institute, they tell you to put wheat grass on everything. So I put some on his open wounds, and in a few hours they were practically healed. I swear!! It was like voodoo. We were both in shock.
OK now that you are all running out and getting your wheatgrass…let me tell you a few tips:
1) The best thing I learned about WG to make it easier to swallow is this: Do not shoot the WG straight back like a tequila shot. Keep it in your mouth and mix with your salvia for at least 30 seconds. Now I know this might sound unbearable to some of you but try it! This breaks down the enzymes (enzymes are my new best friend!) and makes the taste much milder and way easier to swallow. So much easier than shooting it back and burping WG all day.
2) Start with a 1/2 ounce to 1 ounce and you can work yourself up to 1 1/2 to 2 ounces…a little goes a long way. We are doing a lot here but it really only takes a little to reap all the benefits.
3) Among the many benefits of WG, I am going to list a few that stand out:
- The enzymes from WG (post is to come about how important enzymes are) and the amino acids can protect us from carcinogens like no other food or medicine!!
- WG juice is 70% chlorophyll (see past post on cholophyll for all the amazing benefits) but here are a few more:
- Chlorophyll (WG) rebuilds the bloodstream
- Liquid chlorophyll gets into the tissues and helps them to become alkaline
- Science has proven that chlorophyll stops the growth of unfriendly bacteria
- Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body, helps balance the liver, improves blood sugar problems, improves digestion, can reduce high blood pressure, removes heavy metals and can eliminate constipation and if that didn’t convince you, it also keeps hair from greying!!
- It is oxygen-rich. The brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly oxygenated environment.
Every morning we wake up to these bags of WG with our names on it. This is how much we drink in a day here in PR (this is a lot more than 1-2oz!) If you had told me this is how much WG I was going to be doing, I might not have come.
So listen, If I can do it, you can do it! Remember this is your body, your health, your life! I am not saying do this every day but give it a try…do it for one week out of every month. What do you have to loose? I can promise you this is better than 95% of the things you are putting in your body.