I know this has nothing to do with the red lentil curry coconut recipe you have been asking for but I just couldn’t resist! Who knew that psychedelics came in the form of cauliflower?Also for anyone who doesn’t think cauliflower is nutritious, it is a cruciferous vegetable which includes broccoli, kale, collard greens, brussel sprouts and cabbage…full of health-promoting nutrients! So eat up people!
Okay now for the red lentil curry coconut recipe but first I have to credit my incredible foody friend Julia Hellerman for this recipe. Here is her blog: http://adaba.wordpress.com.
- Chop and saute 1 onion, 1-2 stalks of celery, 1 large carrot, chopped kale stems in extra virgin olive oil on low heat.
- Add 6-8 cups water or that homemade veggie broth you made 🙂 and 2 Cups Red Lentils (rinse lentils first).
- Add fresh grated ginger and turmeric (1-2tsps), any kind of curry blend or if you have any of the following spices (coriander, curry powder, graham masala) or all of them.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 30-45 min, or to desired tenderness of lentils, add a can of coconut, and some fresh lime juice.
- Saute separately some cabbage and spinach in garlic and add to soup. Salt to taste.
- Make some brown rice on the side and combine.
Last day of the juicing challenge! Thank you for those of you who let me know you were inspired. Here was our juice today.
Also this is not going to be just a food blog…Lance is posting later on this week.